The Rotary Club of Lansing Foundation held its first meeting on December 9, 1977. By-laws were adopted and the Foundation was incorporated on October 17, 1978. The Foundation received its 501 (c) (3) Federal Tax Exempt status in 1979. The Rotary Club of Lansing Foundation is governed by a Board of not less than nine Directors who are members of the Rotary Club of Lansing and who are elected by the general membership. The first tracked Rotary Club donations were made in 1917/18 to the Belgium Children's Milk Relief Fund and to the Red Cross for a total of $502.
Reprinted from History of the Rotary Club of Lansing